Peace Corps Iran Association
4th Biennial Conference and Reunion
“Preserving the Legacy and Advocating the Future”
SAVE THE DATES
October 29 – November 1, 2017
Loews Annapolis Hotel
126 West Street
Annapolis, MD 2140
Annapolis Conference and Reunion Progress Report
- Form a conference and program committee with Jeanette Grayson, chair, Skip Auld, local coordinator, Doug Schermer, logistics and website, and John Holehan.
- Set conference and reunion dates as October 29 – November 1.
- Select Loews Annapolis Hotel as our conference location. Loews has reserved a block of rooms for PCIA at a special rate. Room rate is good three days before and three days after. (Come early and stay late to enjoy exploring historic Annapolis.)
- Conference program will focus on the legacy of Peace Corps in Iran and ways Iran RPCVs can advocate for peace and a better understanding of Iran in America.
- Arrange for special tours to the Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse and a guided tour of the U.S. Naval Academy. Note: The U.S. Naval Academy is a secure area that requires government issues and approved photo identification.
- Check back May 15th. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Loews Annapolis Hotel is offering a group rate for a limited number of rooms on a first come, first served basis. The group rate is valid for three days before and three days following the conference/reunion.
Deadline for the group rate is Friday, September 29th.
Loews has a special reservation website for the PCIA group rate ($150 per night), Click here.
BEFORE YOU COME, CHECK THIS OUT
View a video of the symposium at the Atlantic Council, September 26, 2016.
Presenters include John Limbert, Farzaneh Milani, Thomas M. Ricks and Trita Parsi.